- Full-time Spanish translator at Non-Profit Health Insurance organization in New York City from October 2012 to October 2014
- Served alternatively as Translations Coordinator from July 2013-July 2014, managing execution and delivery of translation projects into Spanish, Traditional Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Korean, Haitian Creole, Urdu, Bengali, Hindi, and Polish, among other languages.
- Interpreted legal proceedings such as hearings and attorney interviews, from Spanish into English and English into Spanish, at Municipal and County courthouses in New Jersey
- Transcribed, translated and proofread subtitles for a California-based Housecleaning Supply company’s Training DVD.
- Translated survey forms and other informative texts into Spanish for New Jersey-based literacy center
- Volunteered as Simultaneous Interpreter in Non-Denominational Christian church services for 6-8 hours on a monthly basis
- Translated Spanish-language documents into English for New York City-based law firm.
- Volunteer Interpreter for several U.S. Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) meetings between prospective U.S. citizens and immigration officials
- French-language Reserve Linguist during Active Duty service in the United States Marine Corps
Education & Affiliations
- Translation Studies at Montclair State University (October 2010-May 2012)
- Dual Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Studies and Humanities, Thomas Edison State College, 2013
- Registered Court Interpreter (Spanish) through the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts since April 2012
- Officially licensed to translate and interpret independently in the State of New Jersey since 2010
- Spanish-language book written by a Colombian military/political analyst on the Colombian armed conflict and the guerrilla factions (being translated into U.S. English)
- Spanish-language fiction book written by Colombian writer (being translated into U.S. English)
- Spanish-language poetry collection by an up-and-coming Latin American artist (being translated and adapted into U.S. English)